Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Practice Blog - A little bit about me...

My name is Catherine Danielle Stalvey, and I am the youngest child in my family, AND the only girl. I am 20 years old, my two older brothers are 32 and 33 and are both married with children. Why is there such an age gap? No, I was not a surprise. My parents were both previously married to their high school sweethearts when they lived in Georgia and my brothers were from their previous marriages. I have one niece, Ella, and two nephews, Lincoln and Lucas. I was born and raised here in Mobile and I attended Oak Park Christian School for most of my life, but eventually transferred to Faith Academy where I graduated. I am a Christian and very proud of that fact. (woo! Go Jesus!) I am a crazy animal lover, even thought I'm highly allergic to cats. I have a miniature dachshund named Sassy and a golden retriever named Murphy and I love them both dearly.

My family is originally from the state of Georgia...sort of. My mom was born in Jacksonville, Florida and moved to Georgia when she was in the 9th grade, and my dad was born in North Carolina and moved to Georgia when he was 2 years old. My parents are my favorite people and my heroes because they have been through some really difficult times, but they've always come out on top with a smile on their faces. My brothers married the coolest women alive, and one of them is actually my best friend. The younger brother lives here in Mobile with his wife (my best friend) and children, Ella and Lincoln, and he and his wife work for TSA at the airport; my oldest brother lives in Athens, Georgia with his wife and their son, Lucas. Family is the most important thing in my life because they are the people who will always be there for you, even if you shut them out and act like you hate them, they will always love you. Blood is thicker than water.

When I started school at USA in the fall of 2011, I was a 17-year old woman with a passion for nursing, because I love to help people and to make sure that everyone around me is content and healthy. However, I would soon find out that God had different plans for me. It took me 2 years of intense schooling to realize that the medical field was not my calling and it wasn't until one day when I was helping my niece, Ella, study her reading flashcards, that I realized teaching was where I needed to be. I have always adored children, but there is a completely different feeling of joy when a child's face lights up because they realize that they understand a concept. I quickly changed my major and began taking education classes Fall of 2013, I am a Junior, and elementary education major, and I will begin candidacy in the Fall of 2014.

My biggest passion is music. I have always been surrounded by it; my family is full of singers. My favorite band is The Redfield, a local band whose drummer is my fiance's older sister. We see them play very often and we always enjoy it!

The Redfield


The most interesting thing about my life right now is that I am planning my wedding that is this June! I know I'm crazy for planning an entire wedding in the midst of a busy semester, but I'm just too excited to marry my best friend, Peter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment